Education and Ethics:
- Director for Professional Affairs, Chair, Stephanie Meehan
- to monitor research, public policy and legislative issues at the national level as they relate to pre-service education, research, and quality service delivery.
- to establish and maintain collaborative relationships with professional and consumer organizations, expanding and managing diverse CEU opportunities for USSAAC members.
- to coordinate educational offerings (webinars, twitter chats) and the provision of CEUs.
Publications and Information:
- Director of Public Information, Chair, Vicki Haddix
- to establish and maintain policies and procedures related to all USSAAC publications and media activities.
- to establish and maintain an active online presence for USSAAC through social media, publications/blog (Speak UP), and other information dissemination activities.
- to recommend and oversee USSAAC’s paid consultants who support USSAAC’s web presence.
- to increase awareness of USSAAC among diverse stakeholders concerned with issues involving people with CCN.
- Director for Membership, Chair, Mike Hipple
- to retain and increase membership in USSAAC.
- to encourage membership and participation of family members and persons who use AAC.
- to increase awareness of USSAAC among organizations / agencies concerned with issues involving people with CCN.
- to communicate the value of USSAAC membership to diverse stakeholders.
- to assist Board and VP for People Who Use AAC and their family members to organize and implement activities undertaken during AAC Awareness Month.
- VP for People who use AAC and their families, Chair, Tracy Rackensberger
- to compile public awareness information for dissemination
- to organize and implement activities undertaken during AAC Awareness Month
Advocacy and Public Policy:
- VP for USSAAC Advocacy, Chair, Lew Golinker.
- to monitor issues that impact people who use AAC and professionals that support them.
- to bring advocacy and policy concerns to Board for discussion and action.
- Past President, Chair, Sarah Blackstone.
- to recommend members for leadership roles.
- to ensure elections occur as specified in Bylaws.
AD HOC COMMITTEE:
- VP of Finance, Chair, Amy Goldman.
- to diversify funding through the development of an advertising scheme.
- to diversify funding through the development of a giving campaign.
- to increase corporate membership(s).