Education and Ethics:
- Director for Professional Affairs, Chair, Stephanie Meehan
- to monitor research, public policy and legislative issues at the national level as they relate to pre-service education, research, and quality service delivery.
- to establish and maintain collaborative relationships with professional and consumer organizations, expanding and managing diverse CEU opportunities for USSAAC members.
- to coordinate educational offerings (webinars, twitter chats) and the provision of CEUs.
Mary Anne Lang
Publications and Information:
- Director of Public Information, Chair, Vicki Haddix
- to establish and maintain policies and procedures related to all USSAAC publications and media activities.
- to establish and maintain an active online presence for USSAAC through social media, publications/blog (Speak UP), and other information dissemination activities.
- to recommend and oversee USSAAC’s paid consultants who support USSAAC’s web presence.
- to increase awareness of USSAAC among diverse stakeholders concerned with issues involving people with CCN.
Jill Senner (blog editor)
- Director for Membership, Chair, Mike Hipple
- to retain and increase membership in USSAAC.
- to encourage membership and participation of family members and persons who use AAC.
- to increase awareness of USSAAC among organizations / agencies concerned with issues involving people with CCN.
- to communicate the value of USSAAC membership to diverse stakeholders.
- to assist Board and VP for People Who Use AAC and their family members to organize and implement activities undertaken during AAC Awareness Month.
VP for People who use AAC and their families, Chair, Tracy Rackensberger
Co-Chair, Yoosun Chung
- to compile public awareness information for dissemination
- to organize and implement activities undertaken during AAC Awareness Month
Yoo Sun Chung
Lori Ann Geist
Scott & Ron Kuebler
Advocacy and Public Policy:
- VP for USSAAC Advocacy, Chair, Lew Golinker.
- to monitor issues that impact people who use AAC and professionals that support them.
- to bring advocacy and policy concerns to Board for discussion and action.
Mary Anne Lang
- Past President, Chair, Sarah Blackstone
- to recommend members for leadership roles.
- to ensure elections occur as specified in Bylaws.
AD HOC COMMITTEE:
- VP of Finance, Chair, Amy Goldman.
- to diversify funding through the development of an advertising scheme.
- to diversify funding through the development of a giving campaign.
- to increase corporate membership(s).
Disaster Relief Committee:
Past President, Chair, Sarah Blackstone
Co-chair: Harvey Pressman
- to respond to national disasters on behalf of USSAAC members and people who use AAC while working collaboratively with other organizations.
- to develop information/materials to support ongoing disaster preparedness, response and relief efforts on behalf of people who use AAC, their families, and other AAC stakeholders.
Lois Jean Brady