The USSAAC Nominations Committee is excited to announce the Call for Nominations to the 2023 USSAAC Board.
Participation on the USSAAC Board is an opportunity to contribute actively to the only organization in the United States that represents ALL stakeholder groups who support people with complex communication needs. A strong USSAAC is needed to increase the volume of voices too often unheard AND/OR unheeded. Please consider taking a more active, leadership role!
Open Board Positions (terms are for 2 years unless otherwise indicated)
- Director of Membership
- ISAAC Liaison
- Director of Advocacy
Please read Board Member Descriptions before you nominate.
Members can self-nominate or may nominate another person. All nominations should be sent to email@example.com. Candidates must agree, in writing, to run prior to nominations being accepted. All Nominations will be forwarded to the Nominations Committee when received.
All nominations must include the following:
- The position
- The candidate’s name
- A short up-to-date bio of the candidate
- Letter from the candidate agreeing to run for the position.
Criteria for candidacy shall include (a) membership in USSAAC, (b) leadership and management experience, (c) demonstrated commitment to the AAC field, (d) regular access to electronic and other telecommunications currently being employed and (e) commitment to participate in Board of Director meetings, including (as indicated) meetings of the Officers.
- Nominations Open – September 30th, 2022
- Nominations Close – October 28th, 2022 at 11:59pm, ET
- Election begins – November 4th, 2022
- Election ends – December 2nd, 2022 by 11:59pm, ET
- Board of Directors announced – December 7th, 2022
- Term begins January 1, 2023. Winners will be announced on the website and through email.