Type of Membership with Corresponding Fee (includes membership in ISAAC)
Since membership fees are processed through ISAAC, the price listed is in Canadian Dollars (e.g., $120 CAD = $90 USD on 11/1/2016). The exchange rate fluctuates. Use a conversion calculator for the most updated information.
Professional $120 CAD
Professional + AAC Journal ($13 savings) $205 CAD
People who use AAC and their families $40 CAD
Full-time Student/Retired Professional $52 CAD
Institutional $650 CAD
Corporate $1550 CAD
USSAAC’s mission is to enhance the lives of people with complex communication disabilities. USSAAC is the United States Chapter of the International Society for Augmentative and Alternative Communication (ISAAC) and the ONLY organization in the United States that serves the needs and advocates for adults and children who rely on AAC methods and technologies, their family members, professionals, educators, advocates, and manufacturers. We invite you to join USSAAC and help us achieve its mission. Click here to join.
USSAAC membership in 2018 will bring multiple benefits.
- SPEAK UP! USSAAC’s blog featuring articles by people who use AAC, family members, inter-professional practitioners, researchers, educators. Up-to-date information that address the policies (including funding) and practices that impact USSAAC’s members. USSAAC members get priority as guest authors. https://www.ussaac.org/speakup.
- Significant reduction in fees for ISAAC’s Journal of Augmentative and Alternative Communication. A “must have” and major source of research information in our field. Go to https://www.isaac-online.org/english/publications/
- Access to USSAAC’s free Webinar Series. In 2018, we will again be offering a webinar series. Accessible webinars are archived at https://www.isaac-online.org. Note also that members get priority when registering for webinars as they are often quickly fully booked. ASHA CEUs are offered for each webinar and are a member benefit; non-members are charged $25 per webinar for CEUs.The webinars for 2018 will include a funding update as well as other high interest topics.
- Participation in #USSAAChat Twitter Chats covering a wide array of topics. This is a great opportunity to connect with others in the AAC community and share resources.
- Participation in USSAAC Committees. We are all volunteers and working together to make a difference. Come, have fun, meet new people and develop your leadership skills.
- Ongoing communication with members. In 2018, USSAAC leaders will keep in touch with all members through Facebook, Twitter, the USSAAC website and periodic emails. And, we will try to respond quickly to your questions and requests.
- Significant reduction in conference fees at the next ISAAC 2018 Biennial Conference in Australia on July 21-28. Conference delegates come from around the world. Note: The next ISAAC Biennial Conference won’t happen in North America until at least 2020. Go to https://www.isaac-online.org/english/conference-2018/ for more information.
USSAAAC has several membership options. These are listed on the membership form.
Click here to join USSAAC and for more information on the types of membership options. USSAAC membership is managed through ISAAC. The link will direct you to ISAAC’s website where you can join online or complete a pdf of the form.
USSAAC membership runs per calendar year, from January 1 to December 31. You may join at any time during the year; however, there are no pro-rated rates. Membership rates remain the same, regardless of when you join.